Everything you need to know is here!
Lyme Bay Sea School is based in Bridport Harbour, West Bay, Dorset.
Our classroom is in the Harbour Masters Office.
Sat Nav post code: DT6 4HA
Lat/Long: 50°42’37.9″N 2°45’50.2″W
There is a short stay car park outside the office however, we recommend you use the Long Stay Car Park on the LEFT as you enter West Bay. The walk to LBSS is around 8mins and passes plenty of coffee/bacon/ice cream/pastry shops too!
Car Park info is here: Long Stay Car Car Park West Bay
We try to start all classes at 0900. this maximises the amount of learning time you have with us, we aim to finish the day no later than 1700
Our practical classes will spend as much time as possible on the water, please make sure you bring the appropriate clothing. (see below)
Tea, coffee, water and biscuits are provided and free. If you wish to bring lunch or snacks with you, this is fine with us, food and drink help keep the body alert and the mind active…
There are plenty of places within a few steps of the classroom to grab lunch when we stop.
Practical classes will be outside and on the water as much as possible. Please wear and bring suitable clothing.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN KIT, PLEASE CONTACT US TO ARRANGE USING SCHOOL KIT
- Sailing/boating jacket and salopettes
- Layers of clothing – Clothing for post-activity wear to restore warmth
- Footwear – you may wear trainers, boating shoes or boots (if you have them). It is possible that any clothing will get wet… NO WELLIES OR HEELS!
- You may use your own life jacket if you wish however, one will be provided.
- Bottle of water – it is easy to become dehydrated on the water
- Sunglasses & Suncream – the glare from the water can be significant so we strongly advise these items, even on an overcast day and don’t forget to apply it in advance!
- Hat – whether a summer hat to keep the sun off or a winter beanie for warmth, a hat is important. Consider a retainer if wearing a baseball cap.
- Gloves – in the winter these are strongly advised but in all seasons some people like to wear gloves when steering or handling ropes etc.
PWC – Jet Ski courses
- Top outer layer – wetsuit or drysuit for the day, the course entails effectively a full day on the water so please bring a decent top layer wetsuit or drysuit – even in the summer!
- Buoyancy aid
- Wetboots/trainers for going in the sea
- Layers for dryside to keep you warm once back ashore
- Medication – please bring any medication that you may potentially need. Please inform your instructor about it.
- Prescription glasses – whether needed to look at detailed charts in the classroom or for spotting objects at sea.
- Camera – many people like to take photos whilst out on the boat. You are very welcome to bring a camera but this is carried at your own risk. Please consider waterproof bags & how to attach it.
Valuables – please do not bring valuables with you, we are unable to take responsibility for them
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
call us on – 07971 25 85 15
or drop us an email